THE DECLARATION OF HON. EMMANUEL UKPONG-UDO OF THE YPP AS WINNER BY INEC: A VICTORY FOR DEMOCRACY
1. The Young Progressives Party commends the Independent National Electoral Commission for the courage to rise above all forms of intimidation and shenanigans orchestrated by the PDP to declare our candidate, Hon. Emmanuel Ukpong-Udo as the winner of the election conducted on the 25th of February, 2023 for Ikono-Ini Federal Constituency of Akwa-Ibom State.
2. While we still mourn our members and supporters who were gruesomely murdered in the course of exercising their franchise for good governance, this declaration is no doubt a victory for democracy and we dedicate it to the good people of Ikono-Ini Federal Constituency, especially our fallen comrades.
3. This victory is a validation of our claim that the PDP never won any election in Akwa-Ibom State and it is only a matter of time that our great party will be vindicated when all stolen mandates are reclaimed through the instrumentality of our fearless judiciary.
4. We further call on INEC to take inspiration from their remedial actions both in the Adamawa State gubernatorial election and the recent Ikono-Ini Federal Constituency election to rewrite every wrong and ensure the will of the people prevail in all outstanding electoral cases under review.
5. The Young Progressives Party remains committed to the ideals of building an egalitarian society anchored on Nigerian citizens as the prime resource and we assure all Nigerians that we will continue to push for the attainment of these ideals through our elected representatives.
Comrade Egbeola Wale Martins
National Publicity Secretary.