COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE 7TH NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE 7TH NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE YOUNG PROGRESSIVES PARTY (YPP) HELD ON OCTOBER, 20, 2018 AT THE NATIONAL SECRETARIAT, ABUJA.
The 7th National Executive Committee Meeting of the Young Progressives Party was held on Saturday, October 20, 2018 and the following resolutions were reached after a successful deliberation:
1. The NEC condole with the National Financial Secretary, Comrade Abdulazeez Ahmed who was only recently involved in a ghastly motor accident but fast recuperating after a successful surgery.
2. After a comparative analysis of reports presented by all Chairmen of electoral committees set up for the purpose of the just concluded nationwide primaries, the NEC commended all Party stakeholders for the seamless conduct of same without any untoward incidences, which characterized other political parties.
3. The NEC also unanimously elected Hajiya Umma Abdullahi Gestso from Kano State as the Deputy National Chairman of the party using the Option A4 inline with the provision of the YPP constitution. She pulled a total of 22 votes making her the first female deputy National Chairman of our great party and was immediately sworn in by the deputy Legal Adviser, Barrister Rafiat Mohammed.
4. The need for synergy between the party and all support groups of our Presidential candidate, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu was extensively deliberated and NEC reiterated and maintained the earlier position of total cooperation at all levels in preparation for the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
5. The importance of party discipline was emphasized especially as it borders on punctuality and non attendance of meetings. It was agreed that going forward, all erring members would be fined the sum of N5,000 and N10,000 respectively for the above offences.
6. The NEC also constituted two Ad-hoc committees of 5 and 7 persons to develop a work plan for a proposed nationwide sensitization rally scheduled to hold in November while the other committee will serve as a support group in the collation and submission of nomination forms of all YPP candidates to INEC.
Comrade Egbeola Wale Martins
National Publicity Secretary.