Communique Issued at the End of the 12th National Working Committee Meeting of the Young Progressives Party Held at the National Secretariat on February 15, 2020.
1. The NWC deliberated and ratified the conduct of a Special National Convention of the party to be held on March 21, 2020 in Abuja. All stakeholders and delegates are by this notice enjoined to commence Mobilization in preparation towards this event.
2. The NWC condemn the needless intermittent protests to foreign embassies by the PDP and APC who rather than pragmatically address the challenges confronting us as a nation, are busy gallivanting in the name of protest for problems originated by the PDP and further exacerbated by the underperforming ruling APC.
3. The PDP and APC should stop playing the deceptive card of being victims of the time bomb they planted when Nigerians are in actual fact the victims of their leadership failure of over two decades. The consequences of their actions and inactions in time past and present are responsible for the worsening widespread insecurity, socio-economic woes and political instability.
4. The NWC is of the conviction that the solution to our challenges rest with us as Nigerians, both leaders and the led, if we can summon the will to reach a consensus on how to restructure the country, embark on radical electoral reform and elect transformational leaders at all levels of government.
5. The NWC also agreed that a peaceful march tagged “PEACE WALK FOR A GREATER NIGERIA” should as a matter of urgency be embarked upon to express our dissatisfaction over the state of the nation with emphasis on the grave silence of critical stakeholders on restructuring and electoral reform believed to be the panacea for most of our socio-economic and political woes.
Comrade Egbeola Wale Martins
National Publicity Secretary
Young Progressives Party