As the contest for 2023 elections begins to draw momentum, I still believe in the vision and ideology of the Young Progressives Party (YPP).
YPP was founded with a vision to unify all Nigerians, particularly our young people and those elders who are young at heart, with a view of fostering unprecedented developments in our country. By young at heart, I mean those who are ready to embrace the needed reforms in the polity, those who embrace a new and transformational way of fixing our country, those who subscribe to fairness, equity, justice and the values of progressive in general.
As the First Presidential Aspirant under the YPP, I am confident that our vision still resonates in the hearts of many Nigerians desirous of the much needed reforms in our country.
- We need to fix our economy.
- We need to build lasting infrastructures and industries.
- We need to fix our electricity and public utilities sectors with a win-roadmap under a robust public private partnership framework.
- We need to rebuild our public education.
- We need to provide basic healthcare facilities and interventions for our people.
- We need to wipe out the hyper corruption, insurgency and insecurity in our country.
- We need to build a new Nigeria devoid of hate and disunity.
Despite the gloomy outlook for our country, I urge all Nigerians to henceforth summon a new spirit; a new spirit of patriotism, oneness, love, peace, development, sacrifice, transparency, accountability, due-process and probity.
I am confident that with your renewed aspirations for a working Nigeria, these current challenges shall end in praise, under a vibrant, young, focused, dynamic, visionary, energetic and purposeful leadership. God is doing a new thing, and love must not stop at the borders.
Don’t give up!
It’s time to build a nation.
Engr. (Dr.) Donald Ike Igwegbu
CEng., CMarEng., CMC., FIMC., FIMarEST
First Presidential Aspirant – The YPP